We simply love Tomato Soup! And here at home we have 2 recipes: a simple one and this one: a Velvety Tomato Soup!
It’s creamy and chunky at the same time, just perfect!
Inspiration for this recipe came from New York, more specifically a tomato soup from Sarabeth’s, that we absolutely love (I have already talked about this soup in another post called Where to Eat in New York).
Let’s see the recipe, shall we?
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Canned tomato - 2 small cans (14.5oz/400g) or 1 large can (29oz/800g)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a large pan melt butter. Add onion, garlic and let them fry for a few minutes.
- Add tomato, lower the heat and add salt, milk and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add more salt, if needed and serve.
Did you see how easy it is to make it? I’m sure you’ll love it!