Branquinho means little white in English and this is the white and chocolate-free version of a Brigadeiro.
Just like Brigadeiros, you will see them in kids birthday parties and many other events. They are sold in supermarkets, little markets, simple places or fancy stores. They are everywhere 🙂
And you only need 3 ingredients to make them! Let’s see the recipe!
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (plus more for greasing your hands)
- Sugar or sprinkles, for coating
- Place condensed milk and 1 tbsp butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture thickens (10-15 minutes). The mixture should be thick enough to show you the bottom of the pan when you scrape mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Let it cool completely.
- Grease your hands with butter and make little balls. Cover them with sugar or sprinkles and serve them in mini cupcake liners.
You can also serve branquinhos in beautiful spoons, making individual servings. Another way to serve is by using small plastic cups.
Do I prefer Branquinhos or Brigadeiros?
Well, this is a tough question! I think I love them both… equally 🙂
Subscribe to Travel Cook Tell’s email updates and get two free ebooks