I love Apple Pie, but sometimes (most of the time) I’m a little lazy and like to make things easier.
So I was trying to find recipes that resemble the taste of apple pie, but without the hard work, and here, my friends, is the solution to my problem 🙂
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Apple mixture:
- 3 to 4 apples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ + ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together apple mixture ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl make the topping: stir together flour, brown sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Now for the batter:
- Place flour into a bowl. Add sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix butter, egg and milk.
- Add liquid all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is combined - but batter should look a little lumpy.
- Pour batter into a prepared round cake pan (I used a 9 in/23 cm round pan).
- Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle topping evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let it cool and dust with powdered sugar.
This Apple Pie Cake is just perfect!
I think you’ll also like these other recipes:
Subscribe to Travel Cook Tell’s email updates and get two free ebooks