These blender pies were very popular in my house when I was a child. Actually I think it was a common dish for every Brazilian family 🙂
I don’t know if they are now as popular as they used to be, but what I know is that they bring back some childhood memories! And that’s nice!
One of these days we had some leftover vegetables (diced, cooked and seasoned) and I used them to make a Vegetable Blender Pie.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 + ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice, seasoned, cooked and diced (for this recipe I used green beans, carrots and corn)
- In a blender jar add all batter ingredients and blend until well combined.
- In a greased 9in x 13in (23cmx33cm) pan (you can also use parchment paper) pour half the batter. Add the vegetables evenly on top of and pour the remaing batter.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the pie comes out clean.
It was delicious! And you can eat it either hot or at room temperature.
If you want, you can choose different fillings like: ham, cheese and tomatoes; spinach and ricotta; chicken and hearts of palm, and many other options.