This Stir-Fried Pork with Broccoli Rice is a simple dish, but full of flavors!
Pork is probably our favorite meat! And do you know that the tenderloin is leaner than most beef? And here in Brazil, pork is also much cheaper!
But about this dish... I'm pretty sure you have hoisin sauce at home but if you don't have it, please buy it now! It makes stir-fries so much tastier and easier to make. And as you'll see below, soy sauce and hoisin sauce are the only 2 ingredients you'll need to season this pork.
To make this pork stir fry you'll need the following ingredients.
For the stir-fried pork:
- vegetable oil
- pork tenderloin
- soy sauce
- hoisin sauce
And for the broccoli couscous:
- butter (optional and you can substitute for any oil of preference)
How to make
To make the pork:
- start by cutting pork into strips. In a bowl combine pork, 2 tbsp soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes. In a wok pan heat vegetable oil. Stir-fry pork. You can cook in 2 batches so pork in cooked evenly. In a small bowl, mix water, cornstartch and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Pour into pan and stir a little more.
- you'll start by cutting the broccoli into medium pieces. Transfer the broccoli to a food processor and work in batches if necessary. Pulse the broccoli until completely broken down into couscous-sized granules. Pull out any unprocessed pieces, transfer broccoli rice to a bowl and re-process the large pieces. In a large skillet, melt butter (or place oil of your preference). Place broccoli and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt, to taste.
For more great savory recipes click here.
Stir-Fried Pork with Broccoli Rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 lb (700 g) pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut pork into strips. In a bowl combine pork, 2 tbsp soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a wok pan heat vegetable oil. Stir-fry pork. You can cook in 2 batches so pork in cooked evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix water, cornstartch and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Pour into pan and stir a little more.