Travel to Peru in the comfort of your home with this Peruvian Creole Soup (Sopa Criolla)!
We love “traveling” in our kitchen, even to places we have never been before. And Peru is one of these places. This country is on our travel bucket list and while we don’t visit it, we taste it, in the comfort of our home 🙂
One of these days we came across this soup recipe and since Isabella loves everything that has an egg in it, we decided to give it a try! We loved this soup and can’t wait to try other Peruvian dishes!
More Soup Recipes
For all soup recipes click here.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ medium size onions, finely chopped or shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.1 lb (500g) tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 10 cups beef stock (10 cups water + 4 beef bouillon cubes)
- 3 oz (80 g) angel hair pasta
- ⅛ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup milk
- 4 – 6 eggs (1 for each serving)
- Pepper sauce, for serving
- In a pan, heat oil. Add meat, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until tender and slightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and paprika and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, around 5 minutes.
- Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and milk and stir.
- Add angel hair pasta and continue boiling until pasta is cooked.
- In a cup, break an egg and place it in the pan (around the edges). Repeat procedure with other eggs. Don't stir the soup.
- Let eggs cook for 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve soup, placing one egg in each bowl.
- Serve with pepper sauce.