I don't know if could say that this Hot Dog Rice is a traditional Brazilian dish, but it is a common dish in our homes. Why? Maybe because this is a cheap dish or because it's easy to make. I believe in both reasons, but I would like to add one more: it's so yummy! I would dare to say this is Brazilian comfort food 🙂
Oh, I just thought of another reason this is a popular dish. What child doesn't like hot dogs? So it pleases the whole family!
For more Brazilian Recipes click here.
Give it a try! This Brazilian Rice with Hot Dog is great option for a weeknight dinner!
Brazilian Hot Dog Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 4 hot dogs, sliced
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup rice
- Parmesan cheese, grated (for serving)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garneshing)
- In a medium pan heat olive oil and cook the onion and celery for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the hot dogs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and broth. Stir and let it simmer until rice cooks, about 15 to 20 minures.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and garnish it with fresh parsley.