This Classic Vanilla Ice Cream is a perfect recipe on its own! But you could also use it as a base to many different flavors!
It’s amazing how many people are surprised when we tell them that we make our own ice cream! But when they taste it, they understand why 🙂
And a classic vanilla ice cream is something we have in our freezer all summer long. Sometimes all the way through fall and when spring comes, we make a batch as soon as the temperatures rise a little!
Top 3 reasons to love this Classic Vanilla Ice Cream
- It’s perfect on its own!
- It’s the perfect base for other flavors, like the Butter Pecan Ice Cream!
- You can have it with a Brownie, Blondie and other sweet treats!
This recipe you are about to see is simple, but very delicious. Really a classic, and I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat until mixture is pale and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan place 1 cup of milk, the vanilla extract and vanilla paste. Let the mixture boil over medium heat.
- When it starts boiling add ⅓ of this milk to the yolk and sugar mixture. Mix well. Now pour this mixture in the pan with remaining milk. Keep stiring on low heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 1 cup of milk and heavy cream. Mix well and let it cool.
- Place vanilla ice cream in the ice cream maker and work it according to manufacturer's instructions. When ice cream is done put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours. You could serve immediately if you prefer a softer ice cream.
Let me show you some recipes I think you’re also going to love!
And for all ice cream recipes click here.