Learn how to make Brazilian Brigadeiros, a typical sweet treat from my country!
Brigadeiros are so traditional in Brazil! You will see them in every single kids birthday parties and many other events. They are sold almost everywhere that sells food. In simple places or fancy stores. And nowadays there are shops specialized in them.
More Brazilian Sweets
But what are exactly Brazilian Brigadeiros? They look like chocolate truffles but they are made with sweetened condensed milk, cocoa/chocolate powder and a little butter.
Some tips on how to make brazilian brigadeiros
- One of the ingredients is cocoa powder or chocolate powder, but Nesquick (or similar) works just fine.
- Let mixture cool completely beforing working on it.
- Cover them with sugar, chocolate shavings or sprinkles and serve them in mini cupcake liners. You can also put brigadeiros in beautiful spoons, making individual servings. Or serve them by using small plastic cups.
- The mixture should be thick enough to show you the bottom of the pan when you scrape mixture with a wooden spoon (see picture bellow).
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (plus more for greasing your hands)
- 3 tbsp cocoa/chocolate powder (Nesquick works just fine)
- Sugar, chocolate shavings or sprinkles, for coating
Place condensed milk, 1 tbsp butter and cocoa/chocolate powder in a sauce pan over medium heat.
Stir until the mixture thickens (10-15 minutes). The mixture should be thick enough to show you the bottom of the pan when you scrape mixture with a wooden spoon.
Let it cool completely.
Grease your hands with butter and make little balls. Cover them with sugar, chocolate shavings or sprinkles and serve them in mini cupcake liners.
And if you are making it just for yourself, you can grab a spoon and eat! – that’s my favorite option 🙂
For all Brazilian recipes click here!