I’ve been seeing a lot of Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipes but I have to be honest, it is not for me! Just cauliflower? Where is the flour? I need flour 🙂
But at the same time I wanted to try something similar that would appeal to my taste.
So I thought, why not bring some balance into the recipe? That’s when I decided to use the same amount of flour and cauliflower. It ended up too moist and, so I had to add a little bit more flour.
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, finely chopped in a food processor
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt. Add the cauliflower and knead a little.
- Grease a 16 in X 10 in (40 cm X 26 cm) baking dish and add the dough.
- Using your fingers, spread the dough.
- Let it rest for around 30 minutes.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for around 30 to 40 minutes
The result was amazing! Moist, dense and with a delicious flavor!
As you can see from the pictures, I didn’t use the lightest toppings, but you can choose healthier and lighter options like ricotta cheese and brocolli (I love this combination).
Pick your favorite and enjoy!