Pão de Queijo is everywhere here in Brazil. Every supermarket sells it, ready to eat, frozen or in box mixes. But here at home we were not very used to eating it. Well… things changed since we tried this homemade recipe 🙂
- 2½ cups tapioca flour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a small pan place water, milk and butter. Bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, remove from heat and add tapioca flour. With your hands mix the ingredients. Add egg and cheeses and mix well. *If you prefer not using your hands, you can use a stand mixer.
- Make little balls and place them in a prepared baking sheet (you will probably need two).
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
We are now totally in love with Pão de Queijo 😉