The first time we made this pie here at home we had no idea we were making a Banoffee Pie. Just after some time we realized we were basically making a British classic dessert 🙂
- 7.4 oz (210 g) graham crackers or digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1.6 oz (45 g) melted butter
- 3 bananas, chopped
- ¾ cup dulce de leche
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Ground cinnamon or cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- Place cookies (already crushed) in a bowl and add the melted butter. Spoon the crumbs into the base of a pie pan and about 1 inch up the sides to make a pie shell. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge (or 10 mins in the freezer).
- Meanwhile whip the cream and sugar and set aside. Also whisk the dulce de leche a little so it's creamier.
- Remove crust from the fridge and spread dulce de leche evenly over the cookie base.Arrange the chopped bananas in an even layer on top of the dulce de leche. Spread the whipped cream over the bananas. Dust with cocoa powder or ground cinnamon.
Wanna see two other versions of this pie? Check them here:
And what about making your own dulce de leche at home? Check two recipes!
Now we have to go to England ASAP to see if their Banoffee Pie is better than ours 😉