Warning: this pancakes may cause serious addiction and you might not want anything else other than these for breakfast for some time 🙂
You’ve been warned…
The combination of butternut squash with bacon and maple extract is just perfect. It’s like a burst of flavors in your mouth!
More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Serve them with butter (preferably salted) and maple syrup!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp maple extract
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked and chopped
- Cook bacon (do it your way, I usually cook it in the microwave oven). Cut into 1 inch (2,5cm) thick pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl combine milk, butternut squash, maple extract, egg and butter. Blend well.
- Pour liquid all at once into dry ingredients. Blend until batter is all combined.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle and lightly grease it (I use butter).
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Place 4-5 pieces of bacon on each pancake. Cook until bubbles form and turn the pancakes with a wide spatula.