Classic Party Dish in Brazil, this Beef Stroganoff will blow your mind!
Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish but it has many different versions around the world. Today I’m sharing with you the Brazilian version.
When I was younger, every party served Beef Stroganoff. From big parties to small dinner gatherings at home. It was something fancy 🙂 When I got older things changed a little. People continued to eat it but it was no longer a part of party menus. It became more popular as people started to use cheaper meats to make it a everyday dish.
So a few weeks ago my mom told me she was going to make Beef Stroganoff and I asked her to make the tradicional one, exactly like the ones from my childhood. She got it so right! And here is the recipe!
More Brazilian Main Dishes:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.2 lb (1kg) beef tenderloin, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10oz (300g) canned mushrooms, drained and sliced
- Salt, to taste
- In a large pan heat vegetable oil and add beef. Cook for a few minutes. Add garlic and onion and a little bit of water (2-3 tbsp). When beef is cooked, add salt, to taste. Add tomato paste and ketchup. Add mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream and stir. Add salt, to taste.
- Serve with rice and potato sticks.
It’s very important to serve with rice and potato sticks!
Before you go, what about checking some other Brazilian recipes?