I have to admit: I’m addicted to dulce the leche 🙂
I eat it almost everyday for breakfast (as a bread spread). And a dessert that includes this delicious caramel always makes me happy!
That’s why I’m always trying new brands. But nowadays I’ve been making it at home and I can tell you it became a family favorite!
To make it you just need a can of sweetened condensed milk, water and a slow cooker.
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- Place the sealed can on its side in a slow cooker
- Add water to slow cooker until can is completely covered with water
- Set slow cooker on "low" and cook for about 8 hours.
- DON'T OPEN THE CAN UNTIL IT'S ROOM TEMPERATURE!
If you prefer the dulce de leche creamier, like the first picture of this post, you just have to whip it a little.
One more dulce de leche recipe…