Have you ever heard of a Brazilian Carrot Cake? I grew up eating this cake and I can tell you that it’s so yummy! But what’s the difference between this one and the carrot cake that you guys know? Everything! Ok, there are carrots, but that’s it :), everything else is different!
It’s very easy to make and I’m sure you’ll love it!
- For the cake:
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp chocolate powder (no fancy chocolate here, I use a product similar to Nesquick, just like it was made in my home when I was a child)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place carrots, melted butter, sugar and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Slowly add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter in a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan (grease and flour cake pan).
- Bake for around 40 minutes.
- Chocolate sauce:
- In a saucepan place all ingredients and simmer until it thickens a little, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan. Let it cool and make holes on top with a fork. Pour the sauce over the cake.