I love this strawberry ice cream, but the reason I’m sharing this recipe with you today is because an amazing recipe for Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake needs this ice cream.
Of course, you can use another (even store-bought), but I’m sure you’ll love this one!
More Ice Cream Recipes
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan (off heat) whisk together egg yolks, ½ cup sugar, and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until custard thickens slightly and evenly coats back of spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until chilled.
- Place this custard in the freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Using a blender, blend strawberries with 1 tbsp sugar. Add to custard and pour mixture in the ice cream maker. Process according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer ice cream to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
It’s such a hit here at home that next time we’ll make 2 batches 🙂
For all ice cream recipes click here.