We just love quick and easy recipes! Well, who doesn’t? But they should always be tasty, don’t you think? Let me tell you that this Quick & Easy Bread Pizza will give you exactly that!
One of these days my daughter said she would like to have pizza for dinner but we didn’t feel like making one. So the best alternative was to make a Bread Pizza 🙂 Our tomato sauce is pretty easy to make, we had some pepperoni in the freezer, cheese in the fridge, artisan bread and voilá: we had pizza!
If you want to make your own Artisan Bread in advance I have an amazing recipe here! You could even make this pizza using these homemade flour tortillas! And if you don’t feel like making the sauce, you could use some store-bought and improve it a litlle like I show on this post.
This is a great recipe for those days when you just don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, but still want to have something delicious 😉
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can tomatoes
- ½ tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the pizza:
- 4 slices artisan bread
- 3oz (90g) pepperoni, sliced
- 10oz (300g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- For the sauce:
- In a small pan heat the oil, add onion and garlic. Fry them for a few minutes, until lightly golden brown. Add tomatoes and oregano and bring it to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for around 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the pizzas:
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread sauce, add cheese and pepperoni.
- Put it in the oven for around 10 minutes or when cheese is melted and pepperoni looks crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
There is something so comforting about a good slice of bread, tomato sauce and lots of cheese!