Learn how to make a delicious Panettone Bread Pudding recipe!
I’ve told you before that Panettones are a everywhere here in Brazil at this time of the year. You can find traditional panettones but also unusual ones, like a chocolate panettone that is called chocottone.
People give each other panettones as gifts so we always end up with a few at home. It’s impossible to eat all so we use them to make other treats.
I have already shared with you the recipe for Panettone French Toast and today it’s Panettone Bread Pudding day!
- 6 panettone slices
- 1 egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar or vanilla ice cream (for serving - optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Tear panettone slices and distribute in 6 ramekins (or place all in a medium dish).
- In a bowl whisk remaining ingredients, pour mixture over the panettone and allow to soak for a few minutes. If necessary, press panettone down gently.
- Place the dish (or ramekins) in a large pot filled with 1inch/2cm of hot water. Cover the larger pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature with confectioners’ sugar or vanilla ice cream.
Check here a delicious vanilla ice cream.