Learn how to make this Chocolate Souffle from Palo Restaurant, the elegant adult-exclusive restaurant on Disney Cruise Line!
Disney Cruise Public Relations from Brazil sent us this recipe from Palo Restaurant (an adults only restaurant from Disney Cruise Line), and of course, we had to make it here at home!
I have to confess that we had never made a souffle before because we thought it would be difficult to make (or at least, hard to get the perfect consistency!) Were we wrong!!!
More chocolate recipes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the ramekins
- 6 tbsp sugar, plus more for dusting the ramekins
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5.3 oz (150g) dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa), melted (if you use a less bitter chocolate reduce the sugar to 4 tbsp)
- 4 eggs, separated
- Vanilla Sauce:
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 small egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Fill up a kettle with water and bring to a boil.
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. Set aside.
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan (you can do it in the microwave oven)
- In another pan melt butter. When butter is melted add flour and cocoa powder. Mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Lower the heat and let mixture cook for a minute.
- Slowly add the milk to this mixture and stir. Add melted chocolate.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes and add the egg yolks. Stir until it reaches a creamy consistensy.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, one tbsp at a time.
- One tbsp at a time fold egg-white mixture into souffle base.
- Pour mixture into ramekins. Place them in a baking pan. Add water to the baking pan until it reaches half the ramekins.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes. Sirve immediately with the vanilla sauce.
- Vanilla Sauce:
- Mix heavy cream and vanilla in a pan. Bring to a boil.
- In another bowl mix egg yolks and sugar.
- Pour 2 tbsp boiling heavy cream to the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture to the heavy cream and mix well. Let cook in low heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep on stiring.
Last year we went on a Disney Cruise but didn’t go to this restaurant, so it was nice to be able to make it at home!And I can’t wait to make it again 🙂
For all chocolate recipes, click here.