We have tried many different pancake recipes but this one has always been a winner! Learn here how to make the best pancakes ever! And they are so easy to make!
I believe that most American families have their favorite pancake recipe! We are Brazilians (and live in Brazil) but we also have our favorite recipe 🙂 And in our opinion, this is the best ever!
When I was 17 years old (a very looooong time ago!) I studied English for a few months in Santa Barbara, California and my teacher gave to all her students a copy of a recipe. At that time I just put it somewhere. Thankfully I didn’t throw it away!
As you will see this recipe is very simple. But it is just perfect!
More Breakfast and Brunch recipes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle and lightly grease it (I use butter).
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl combine milk (1 cup for thick pancakes and 1¼ cups for thinner pancakes), egg and butter. Blend well.
- Pour liquid all at once into dry ingredients. Blend until batter is all combined.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form and turn the pancakes with a wide spatula.
For all Breakfast & Brunch recipes click here.