This is my daughter’s favorite cookie. And believe me, she has great taste 🙂
The combination of white chocolate and almonds makes this cookie just perfect . And I don’t even like white chocolate. But in this cookie, oh my…
Let’s see the recipe!
- 2.5 oz white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 oz almonds, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients, except white chocolate and almonds.
- With a large spoon, combine the chocolate and almonds.
- Leave dough in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough (use a small scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
And even though this is not a traditional Christmas cookie, it looks perfect for the season, don’t you think?
You know what? I’ve just figured out what cookies Santa is getting this year 😉