Strata means layers in Italian and that’s exactly what this dish is, a combination of bread, eggs, cheese and others options such as vegetables and meat, that is baked in the oven. So you can basically make a strata anyway you want. This one I’m sharing with you today is a turkey breast and cheese strata. I chose these ingredients not only because I love them, but because that’s we had at home
So you can use any cheese you want, and instead of the turkey, you can add ham for example. Or you can even use a vegetable, such as spinach.
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 to 10 slices sandwich bread (or any sliced bread)
- 8 to 10 slices turkey breast
- 8 to 10 slices cheese (the one you have at home)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and scallions.
- In a medium baking dish, place slices of bread, side by side to cover the bottom. Make a layer of turkey breast and a layer of cheese.
- Pour half the egg mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of bread, turkey breast and cheese. Pour the remaining egg mixture and bake it for around 40 minutes.
- Cover with parmesan cheese and broil it for 5 minutes.
I hope you like it! And tell me later if you made any changes!