Strata means layers in Italian and that’s exactly what this dish is, a combination of bread, eggs, cheese and others options such as vegetables and meat, that is baked in the oven. So you can basically make a strata anyway you want. This one I’m sharing with you today is a turkey breast and cheese strata. I chose these ingredients not only because I love them, but because that’s we had at home 🙂
So you can use any cheese you want, and instead of the turkey, you can add ham for example. Or you can even use a vegetable, such as spinach.
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 to 10 slices sandwich bread (or any sliced bread)
- 8 to 10 slices turkey breast
- 8 to 10 slices cheese (the one you have at home)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and scallions.
- In a medium baking dish, place slices of bread, side by side to cover the bottom. Make a layer of turkey breast and a layer of cheese.
- Pour half the egg mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of bread, turkey breast and cheese. Pour the remaining egg mixture and bake it for around 40 minutes.
- Cover with parmesan cheese and broil it for 5 minutes.
I hope you like it! And tell me later if you made any changes!