One of the greatest discoveries we made over the last year is that pumpkins have just a few calories! So there are many delicious dishes we can make almost guilt-free 🙂
This Thai Style Pumpkin Soup is a great example. Very tasty, easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
- 1½ onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 7 fl oz (200 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, for serving (optional)
- In a large pan melt butter. Add onions, curry powder and ginger. Let this cook for around 5 minutes, paying attention not to burn it.
- Add pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk, salt, sugar and coriander. Let it simmer for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool a little, around 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender until you get a creamy soup. If you don't have an immersion blender use a regular blender.
- Serve with some fresh coriander leaves (optional)
We have never been to Thailand, but we think we’ll love the food 🙂