What do you do when you want to eat something delicious, your pantry is almost empty and you don’t feel like going to the supermarket? You use whatever you have and hope it turns out great!
Well, that’s exactly what happened with this recipe 🙂
- 7 to 9 oz spaghetti
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ½ + ⅛ cup cooking water from spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pan, bring water to a boil. Add salt and oil.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and add garlic. Cook until garlic starts to get golden brown. Remove from heat. Add chives and parsley.
- Add butter. When butter is completely melted, add heavy cream.
- When water begins to boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- When pasta is almost ready set aside ½ + ⅛ cup cooking water from spaghetti and mix with sauce. Stir a little and bring sauce to a boil.
- Drain spaghetti and mix with sauce.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
And best of all, this dish is so easy to make that you can either cook it for a quick weeknight dinner or if you have guests and don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen. I’m sure this recipe will please everybody. With little effort 😉