Here at home we are huge popcorn fans! Every time we watch a movie, even if it’s the same one for the tenth time, there’s gotta be popcorn 🙂
One of these days the weather was horrible, ugly and rainy and we tried a recipe that we adapted from Martha Stewart. It was sooo good. No, it was perfect! And to honor that gray day we named the recipe Rainy Day Caramel Popcorn.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for baking sheet
- 8 cups plain unsalted popped popcorn
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C).
- Butter a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugar, salt and water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle popcorn with sugar syrup, and toss.
- Spread popcorn evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool a little.
Now we just have to hope for more rainy days 😉