This salad is not a traditional Brazilian recipe but it’s a tradition in my family. My mother doesn’t cook a lot, but she has her specialties and this recipe is definitely one of them. The original name of this recipe is Million Dollar Salad, but since we always make it at birthday parties, Christmas Dinner, New Year’s Eve, we have renamed it to Party Salad.
As you will see, it’s very easy to prepare!
- 1 pound (around 450 grams) smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 pound (around 450 grams) ham, diced
- ½ cup pickles, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned pineapple, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil and white vinager to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and white vinager.
And to serve in parties, we use individual bowls.
I hope you make it on your next gathering 🙂