At this time of the year, panettones are everywhere here in Brazil. And although it’s an Italian Christmas Bread, if you came to Brazil around the holidays, you would think that the panetonne is a Brazilian Christmas Bread 🙂
It’s amazing, if you don’t know what to give a person, you give a panettone, and you will get at least one, for sure!
So, what to do with all this panettone? French Toast!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 slices panettone
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Butter for skillet/griddle
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Heat a skillet or griddle and coat it with a little butter.
- Place panettone in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold slices in a single layer. Pour egg mixture over panettone. Leave it for 1 or 2 minutes and turn slices over. Leave it for another minute.
- Fry panettone slices until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Perfect for a delicious Christmas breakfast! Or any breakfast 🙂