Orange is not one of my favorite flavors when it comes to cakes and desserts. But I do love the fruit! And orange juice!
But one of these days I changed my opinion. With this recipe!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- Orange Icing:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease a bundt cake pan. With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and orange zest in a large bowl. Add egg and continue beating.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture and milk alternately into butter mixture. Stir until mixture is almost smooth.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- For icing:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread icing on top of the cake.
It’s simply the best!
I think you”ll also like these recipes: