When we find (or create) a recipe that we love we usually make it over and over again. We have a chocolate cake recipe that we have made a hundred times, either as a cake or as muffins. We also have a double chocolate muffin recipe that we have made a lot! Oh, let’s not forget the delicious brownie style muffin. But some days ago we were browsing some old cookbooks looking for a new chocolate muffin recipe. And we found our new love 🙂
After some adaptations we reached perfection! An amazing chocolate muffin, but not so sweet, just the way we like it.
- 1 + ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 oz (140g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp cider (or white) vinegar OR 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- If you are not using buttermilk, in a bowl mix milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and chopped chocolate. Mix well.
- Add to this mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs and buttermilk (or milk and vinegar mixture). Mix well.
- Pour batter in prepared muffin cups and take them to the oven and bake for around 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
I’m sure we’ll make this recipe over and over…
Subscribe to Travel Cook Tell’s email updates and get two free ebooks