I just love sandwiches. I really do!
Maybe it’s because there is always bread involved. And I love bread 🙂
This Monte Cristo sandwich has been a total hit here at home and today I would like to share this yummy recipe with you!
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices cheese (preferably Gruyere or Emmental)
- 1 large egg
- confectioners' sugar
- Spread butter on bread.
- Place ham and cheese just like a sandwich.
- In a shallow dish place the egg with salt and pepper to taste and whisk it a little.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt some butter over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture and then turn it to coat well.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet or griddle and leave it for around 3 minutes. Flip the sandwich and leave for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, dusted with confectioners' sugar.
This recipe is a great option for a snack or even dinner and the perfect way to upgrade your ham and cheese sandwich!
It’s quick, easy to make and soooo good!!