This is the perfect chocolate ice cream!
And the secret to perfection is to make a very creamy base, resembling hot chocolate.
The combination of cocoa powder and chocolate make this ice cream very smooth and sweet, but not too sweet, just perfect!
Am I saying perfect too many times? 🙂
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5.5 oz (150g) semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Combine milk, sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and keep on string until it's completely melted.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Place pan in a water bath (we fill up the kitchen sink) to cool the mixture down.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to a covered container and leave it in the fridge for about 6 hours.
- Place mixture in the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
You won’t resist!