I’ve have already told you about my love for dulce de leche. So anytime I have a chance to learn a new way to make it, I give it a try.
Today it’s time to share with you another way of making homemade dulce de leche: in the oven!
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200° C).
- Pour the sweet condensed milk into a shallow baking dish or a glass dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place this dish inside another larger baking dish and add hot water until it reaches halfway up the side of the condensed milk dish.
- Let it bake for around 2½ hours.
- Check once in a while because maybe you will have to add more water.
- When it's browned and caramelized, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, whisk until smooth.
Some step-by-step pictures…
And here are some delicious recipes that you can make using this homemade dulce de leche: