For me, Eggs Benedict is the perfect breakfast for dinner recipe. I honestly don’t like to eat it for breakfast, but for dinner, sooo yummy!
Here is the recipe we make here at home.
- 2 English Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices ham or Canadian bacon
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch black pepper and salt
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, beat the egg yolks. Add the butter (melted and hot). Add the pepper and lemon juice and beat for around 2 minutes. That's it!
- In a pan, boil some water with vinegar. Place the eggs without the shells, to make poached eggs.
- Slice the English Muffins in half and toast them a little.
- Now take one half of English Muffin, place a slice of ham or Canadian Bacon and one egg. Sprinkle with Hollandaise sauce.
As you can see from the pictures, one has pepper, the other doesn’t. Isabella is just 6 and she doesn’t like pepper very much, so we make the Hollandaise sauce without it and put it just for the grown-ups.
So this recipe pleases everyone