Dulce de leche is my favorite sweet ever! So, in my opinion, a Dulce de Leche Ice Cream is simply perfect!
Everything started when we decided to make our dulce de leche at home. So what would the next phase be? Make everything possible with this delicious ingredient!
As you can imagine a Dulce de Leche Ice Cream was on the top of our list and I’m telling you, it’s just amazing!
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- In a saucepan (off heat) mix yolks, sugar and salt. Add dulce de leche and mix well. Little by little pour in the milk and stir until milk is incorporated to the mixture.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Don't let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream. Stir a little until mixture cools.
- Take it to the fridge until mixture starts to freeze.
- Pour mixture in the ice cream maker. Process according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer ice cream to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
This is probably one of the best ice creams we have ever made!