This Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Cake is a perfect desert for both hot days and for cooler ones, thanks for the warmth of this marvelous milk caramel 🙂
And what have we today? A combination of both 🙂
- 5.3 oz (150g) semi sweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) unsalted butter
- ½ + ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ + 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups dulce de leche ice cream (link for recipe below)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- A pinch salt
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, place chocolate and butter. Melt them in the microwave oven or in bain-marie. Mix well. Add sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs (one at a time). Pour in the vanilla. Finally add cocoa powder, flour and salt.
- Pour batter in a 8 in (20 cm) round baking pan (prepared with parchment paper on the bottom - if you use a springform pan it will be easier for unmolding) and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. When brownie is cooled put it (don't remove from pan) in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla paste, and whisk until combined.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and brown sugar. Add 2 tbsp heavy cream and a pinch of salt.. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining heavy cream. Stir a little more and let it cool.
- In a small saucepan place all ingredients. When butter and sugar are melted, cook for 3 more minutes, until walnuts are caramelized.
- Remove brownie from freezer. Spread dulce de leche ice cream on top. Spread vanilla whipped cream on top of ice cream.
- Leave cake in the freezer for some hours (preferably overnight). To unmold easily (if you are not using a springform pan), turn cake pan upside down and let some hot water run through it. Remove from pan, remove parchment paper from the bottom and place cake on a plate.
- Leave cake at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Pour a little sauce and sugared walnuts on each slice..
Can you resist? I know I can’t 😉