One of these days my husband was craving chocolate and I said: Why don’t we make our Chocolate Chunk Muffins? But for him, the amount of chocolate on our traditional recipe was not enough. He decided to make this recipe, but instead of just putting the chocolate chunks, he also added cocoa powder to the dough. And the result? Decadent!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C)
- Butter, or line with paper liners, 12 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, salt and chocolate chunks
- In another bowl combine the eggs, butter, sour cream, milk and vanilla
- Mix dry and wet ingredients well
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using an ice cream scoop or a small laddle.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
So next time you have a chocolate craving you know what to make 😉