These are perfect little cakes!
So when had a gathering with Isabella’s classmates and families and were told to take something sweet, all we could think about was these cupackes. For the frosting we used a Brigadeiro recipe because every child in Brazil loves brigadeiros!
Check out the cupcake recipe, slightly adapted from Martha Stewart:
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup hot water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa and hot water until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter with sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat until mixture is cooled, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated.
- Add vanilla, then cocoa mixture, and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture and the sour cream, beating until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three- quarters full.
- Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool for around 15 minutes.
For the frosting we used a brigadeiro recipe. Make 2 recipes!
You can also decorate them in different ways…
The cupcakes were all gone in just a few minutes 🙂