Quick, easy and delicious chocolate dessert, this recipe is perfect for all chocolate lovers out there!
Back in 2001 my husband entered an online contest that would choose the best chocolate recipe. He won with this Chocolate Overdose recipe! And the prize was a microwave oven!
We’ve been making this recipe since then, but because our taste has changed over the years, we’ve made a few adjustments on the original recipe.
Today I bring you the updated version of the award winning Chocolate Overdose 🙂
- 24 Oreo cookies (reserve filling for frosting)
- 10.5 oz (300g) heavy cream
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 9 oz (250 g) semi sweet chocolate
- Oreo filling
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
- Remove filling from Oreo cookies and set aside.
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor.
- Divide crushed cookies into 6 individual serving bowls..
- Melt chocolate - we do it in the microwave oven (place chocolate in a bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is nicely melted).
- Add heavy cream to chocolate bowl and mix well. Add condensed milk e mix until all ingredients are combined..
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly in the 6 bowls.
- Combine Oreo filling, milk and 2 tbsp heavy cream. Beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and beat once more until it reaches a whipped cream consistency.
- Pour this mixture over chocolate mixture.
- Dust with chocolate powder and chill for at least one hour before serving.
I can’t say you’ll get a microwave oven by making this recipe, but I’m sure you’ll get lots of compliments 😉