This Chocolate Cake with Dulce de Leche and Chocolate Mousse is great for a special occasion, for a friends’ gathering, or even for when you crave for something amazingly delicious in the middle of the afternoon!
The batter is so moist and the fillings (dulce de leche and chocolate mousse) make this cake hard to resist!
- For cake:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup hot water
- For filling and topping:
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 2 cups chocolate mousse (link for recipe bellow)
- ⅓ cup chocolate shavings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease a round baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla and milk. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour hot water and mix well.
- Pour batter in baking pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for around 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Remove from pan and let cake cool a little more on a cooling rack.
- Cut cake in 3 (make 3 layers).
- Place bottom layer on a plate and spread 1 cup of chocolate mousse.
- Cover with middle layer and spread 1 cup of dulce de leche.
- Cover with top layer and spread remaing chocolate mousse.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top (optional)
For a Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse, click here. The recipe will give you more than 2 cups, but you don’t mind the extra, right? 🙂
Cold or at room temperature, with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk, it’s simply perfect!