My daughter is madly in love with Chili so she keeps asking me to make it. That’s why I’m always trying to make changes to the original recipe so we (the adults) dont get sick of it 🙂
Chicken Chili is a great alternative to the traditional recipe!
- 1 pound chicken breast, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15oz) kidney beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- For serving: sour cream and shredded cheese
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and fry the onion and chicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover the pan and let it and simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. Check if it needs more salt.
- Place chili in individual bowls and garnish with sour cream and cheese.
Although I’ve made just a few changes, the taste is quite different. But it is equally delicious 😉