This Chicken with Broccoli and Coconut Rice recipe is very easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Easy meals have become more and more common here at home. But how not to love them? Specially when they taste and look amazing! This Chicken with Broccoli and Coconut Rice falls into this rule.
You don’t need any special skill to make it and I think you’ll agree with me that the coconut rice makes the dish sound fancy, right? 😉
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup water (for broccoli)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup dissecated coconut
- Cut chicken into strips.
- In a bowl combine chicken, 2 tbsp soy sauce and plum sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a wok pan heat vegetable oil. Stir-fry chicken until golden brown. Set chicken aside.
- In the same wok pan cook the broccoli. Add water, cover pan and let it cook for a few minutes. Place chicken back in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix water, cornstarch and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Pour into pan and stir a little.
- While you are cooking the broccoli, prepare rice. Pour rice and coconut in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until coconut is a little crispy, around 5 minutes.
I hope you liked it!