Everytime we go to the US we try to eat at Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation. We really love this restaurant! So one of these days we had a head of broccoli and didn’t know what to do with it. That’s when we thought of a delicious salad from Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation called Joan’s Broccoli Madness.
We checked the internet for a copycat recipe. We found a few and adapted to what we had at home.
It turned out great! Maybe even better the original 😉
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ salted pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp white vinegar
- Wash and chop broccoli.
- Chop bacon and fry with oil. When bacon starts to get crispy add broccoli and fry it for a few minutes, until broccoli is bright green.
- Remove from heat and chill (we put it in the freezer for around 10 minutes).
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and dried onion flakes.
- Just before serving add the mayonnaise mixture and nuts to broccoli and bacon. Mix well.
Isabella loves broccoli and she loved this recipe! So did we! And for all of us it was a great way to remember this restaurant that we miss so much!
I think you’ll also love these recipes: