As you know I live in Brazil and some treats that may be easy for many of you to find in the supermarket or in a restaurant it isn’t for us. The breakfast sausage is one of them.
And in Brazil we don’t usually eat things like pancakes and waffles with sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Many Brazilians even find it weird to eat all these things in the morning.
But that’s not the case in my family… We all love a delicious American Breakfast!
So the only option we have is to make everything from scracth.
And this breakfast sausage recipe is a favorite here at home!
- 1 pound (450 gr) ground pork
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp dried marjoram
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Now you can turn the mixture into patties, logs or sausage links.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add patties, links or logs (if you are using logs, slice them) and cook until browned, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and flip. Cover and cook until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
I hope you like this recipe too!