I have already posted about the delicious Brazilian Carrot Cake and today it’s time to show you a twist on this Brazilian classic. We turned the cake into cupcakes and instead of a chocolate glaze we topped it with a chocolate ganache frosting.
My mouth is watering as I write this… really 🙂
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz heavy cream
- Place carrots, melted butter, sugar and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Slowly add the flour and baking powder.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin/cupcake cups and bake for around 25 minutes.
- Melt chocolate, let it cool a little and add heavy cream.
- Whip until you get a nice frosting consistency.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag and pipe over the cupcakes.
I have to confess that we still prefer the original cake, with that great chocolate glaze. But to serve in a celebration or at a gathering with friends, these cupcake are not only delicious, they also look great and will definitely please all your guests!