Brigadeiros are so traditional in Brazil! You will see them in every single kids birthday parties and many other events. They are sold almost everywhere that sells food. In simple places or fancy stores. And nowadays there are shops specialized in them.
But what are exactly Brazilian brigadeiros?
They are chocolate balls made with condensed milk, cocoa/chocolate powder and a little butter.
Let’s see how to make them!
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (plus more for greasing your hands)
- 3 tbsp cocoa/chocolate powder (Nesquick works just fine, if not better!)
- Sugar or sprinkles, for coating
- Place condensed milk, 1 tbsp butter and cocoa/chocolate powder in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture thickens (10-15 minutes). The mixture should be thick enough to show you the bottom of the pan when you scrape mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Let it cool completely.
- Grease your hands with butter and make little balls. Cover them with sugar or sprinkles and serve them in mini cupcake liners.
You can also put the brigadeiros in beautiful spoons, making individual servings. Or serve them by using small plastic cups.
And if you are making it just for yourself, you can grab a spoon and eat! – that’s my favorite option 🙂