We rarely fry food here at home, but when we do it, it must be very tasty 🙂
And these Beer-Battered Onion Rings definitely make up for the mess they make 🙂
- 3 large onions
- 1 + ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 fl oz (300ml) cold beer
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels or a brown paper bag.
- Peel the onions and cut them crosswise into ½-inch thick slices and separate into rings.
- In a deep pan heat the oil.
- Meanwhile in a shallow bowl mix flour, baking powder, paprika and salt. Slowly add the beer.
- Dip an onion ring into the batter and flip to coat completely, shaking excess batter back into the bowl. Drop the ring into the oil and repeat, working in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
- Fry until golden, flipping occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet pan to drain
The beer goes in the batter but of course you can drink some too 😉
And because you are already making a mess in your kitchen why don’t you also make some Fish and Chips (the batter is the same!!)