We just love muffins here at home! We think they are the perfect snack and a good option for a quick breakfast.
Because they are so easy to carry around, we make muffins at least once a week so the whole family has a homemade snack for most days of the week.
That’s why we are always looking for new recipes and this one, adapted from Hidden Ponnies, has definitely become a favorite. I think it will be yours too 🙂
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Oatmeal Crumb Toppping
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C)
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine de egg, melted butter, milk and mashed bananas.
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine both mixtures and mix until they are incorporated.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- For the Oatmeal Crumb Toppping mix ingredients and top muffins with it.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer muffins to a rack to cool a little bit more.
It’s healthy and so delicious! You won’t resist!