It’s funny because when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, what caught my attention was the name “Baked Brownie”. I thought: Why is the name baked? Afterall, brownies are baked. So I clicked on the pin to solve this mystery and that’s when I learnt that this is a famous recipe from a bakery called Baked. Oh, now I get it 🙂
- 5.3 oz (150g) semi sweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) unsalted butter
- ½ + ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp expresso powder
- ½ + ⅛ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, place chocolate and butter. Melt them in the microwave oven or in bain-marie. Mix well. Add sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs (one at a time). Pour in the vanilla. Finally add cocoa powder, coffee powder, flour and salt.
- Pour batter in a 8in x 12in (20cm x 30cm) baking pan (prepared with parchment paper) and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
After eating this delicious brownie there is one thing left to do: go to NYC and taste the originals! What a great excuse to travel 🙂