Remember my Apple Pie Cake? The recipe I bring you today came into my life for the same reason 🙂 I was looking for recipes that resembled the taste of Apple Pie, without the effort. This Apple Sheet Cake is very different from an Apple Pie, but oh my, it is so delicious!
And to make it even better, I’ve added my favorite sweet in the whole world: dulce de leche!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced (I used 1 granny-smith and 1 pink lady)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Line a 9in X13 in (23cmx33cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together apple mixture ingredients and set aside.
- Place flour into a bowl. Add sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Pour melted butter, egg and milk. Stir until mixture is combined. Add the apples and stir a little more - but batter should look a little lumpy.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Drizzle the dulce de leche and with a skewer or kinfe make swirls.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
It’s so good, but the experience will only be perfect if you eat it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream! And I’ve also sprinkled some maple sugar for extra flavor!
Check here my dulce de leche recipes!